1) When was the 1st moment you realized you wanted become a boxer?
I cant recall exactly which fight I saw, but it was a Sugar Ray Leonard fight. That was the moment that I realized that I wanted to fight.
2) Is there someone you looked up to that inspired you to get into boxing? If so who?
Mike Tyson, His style and his presence in the ring as a boxer, it was fascinating to watch.
3) Which venue, have you yet to box in that you would love to fight in?
MGM Grand, I’ve fought in Las Vegas, but I want to fight in MGM Grand. I’m pretty open when it comes to fight venues. I told myself that I would fight in my mom’s bathroom with only 3 people watching even.
4) If you could make any fight happen with past or present boxers, what fight would it be?
I would love to fight Sergio Martinez because I just think that he’s out with the old and in with the new.
5)Which bout have you been involved in that you consider your best performance thus far?
I’m still looking for that dignified performance.
6) How is married life treating you?
Married life is it’s own fight within itself but I’ve been through it all. We are constantly working on our relationship, that’s really all I can say. It definitely brought some awareness to me, being with this 1 (not to say that I’m with others)
7) In your last bout against Gabe Rosado, many feel the fight was stopped prematurely. What’s your take on that?
Well, I’m not a ringside physician, I’m just a fighter. I go out there and do my job and unfortunately, he couldn’t continue/contain to fight, through that I walked out with a victory. Its not a performance that I’m always going to be happy with, but it’s definitely a fight that I can say I learned a lot from and I can use what I learned from it to be better in my next fights.
8) Would you consider giving Gabe Rosado a rematch? And why? (Yes or no)
I mean, I’ve never been a match maker my whole career in boxing, why would I act like one now? Al Haymon, and my team, Golden Boy, my managers they send opportunities my way. They haven’t presented me with a Gabe rematch.
9) Would you consider fighting Danny Jacobs in Brooklyn at the Barclays Center.
Again, I’ve never been a fighter that’s a match maker. I’m never going to say who I want to fight. I don’t make the fights, I just be ready for them. Of course, I would love to fight in the Barclay’s center. That’s my home and I’m just thankful to be able to go in there and put on great performances in that arena.
10) What division other than your own do you feel is the best division in boxing? Also what fighter do you think will become champion in the near future?
The other high division out there is, of course, welter weight. Let’s just say, Julian Williams, Terrell Gausha, Marcus Browne and Zachary Ochoa
Be sure to check out our main site TEAM LEFTJAB at www.leftjaballnightboxing.com where you will see all the latest from The Team LeftJab United Radio Network!